An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Engineer to join our team based at MIRA Technology Park in Nuneaton on a 2 year contract basis. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £18777 per annum, 24 days annual leave plus 6 closure days plus bank holidays, pension and staff discount benefits.
We are a growing high-tech research and development centre (part-funded by the Regional Growth Fund (RGF)) within the College of Science and Engineering and based off campus at MIRA, Nuneaton. The centre provides vibro-acoustic analytical services to industry based on three-dimensional laser vibrometry and complementary Finite Element Method modal analysis. It further develops its vibro-acoustic knowledge and tools by public and privately funded research projects. The contact-less technology for vibro-acoustic analysis offers a new and bespoke service to industry for design, prototype assessment, non-destructive testing, diagnostic, and condition monitoring of new and existing products.
We require a Graduate Engineer to assist the senior staff and the Technical Team to deliver the engineering aspects utilising the 3D laser Doppler vibrometer and modal analysis tools to industry. The role will also involves providing engineering support to the Technical Team and the senior staff in the sale of the analytical services to clients e.g. for the scoping, design of experiments, execution, analysis and reporting of services to industry and further develop the experimental, numerical and analytical tools by metrological and vibro-acoustic research, while adhering to the appropriate confidentiality agreements contracted with the clients.
Duties will include:
- Build understanding of Noise and Vibration measurement techniques and experimental modal analysis
- Programme and operate a Kuka KRC4 industrial robot
- Build appreciation of analytical tools such as Finite Element analysis and its applications
- Keep accurate records
- Undertake primary information gathering and research
The successful Graduate Engineer will have:
- Degree in engineering or physical sciences
- Experience of carrying out Engineering information gathering, research and collating, summarising and reporting results
- Excellent numerical and IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills including good team working
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage own time
- Own transport ideally due to remote location
The hours of work are nominally Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm however applicants must be flexible to meet the needs of the business when necessary.
The closing date is 8th December and interviews are to be held on 20th December.
Please apply online to be considered for the Graduate Engineer role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77665015