- Infrastructure Architect - Manchester Airport
- Reporting to the Head of Architecture
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary of up to £65,000 plus bonus and benefits
MAG is the UK’s largest airport group. We own Manchester, Stansted, East Midlands and Bournemouth Airports and operate a concessions business in the USA. With a number of significant Growth Programmes underway, MAG are undertaking a radical transformation of our Technology landscape, to ensure that our systems and infrastructure can best support the Organisation in to the future; this includes a wholesale Infrastructure Transformation Programme across the Group.
Working with the Head of Architecture and Chief Technology Officer, you’ll be responsible for developing MAG’s future IT Infrastructure Architecture and Roadmap; understanding Business and IT Strategy and how it pertains to the IT Infrastructure and supporting the Business and IT change portfolio to ensure Infrastructure requirements are understood and designs and implementations are fit for purpose.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Translating business and solution architecture into technical infrastructure requirements, which may include contextual, conceptual, logical and physical views;
- Develop solution and Infrastructure architecture requirements and designs, both functional and non-functional, for both packaged Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) packages and bespoke solutions development, and in projects from £50k to well over £1m in size;
- Working within a Technical Design Authority, providing guidance to projects and programmes and helping deliver designs that conform to the defined infrastructure architecture elements;
- Experiencing these infrastructure architecture elements: Data Centre, Cloud Services, Local Area Networking, Wide Area Networking, security, servers, storage, backup, virtualisation, directory services, Enterprise Service Bus, Integration Services, Smart Infrastructure / IoT;
- Leveraging the use of industry recognised standards to support ICT frameworks, such as TOGAF, ITIL and COBIT to provide common understanding amongst key stakeholders of concepts and their impacts;
- Participating in the definition of infrastructure technical standards and guidelines, and their establishment within the Organisation;
- Presenting IT architectures to a range of stakeholders and technical communities including to Executive level.
You’ll be offering:
- Good breadth of IT knowledge gained from experience in infrastructure architecture and design; with demonstrable experience of infrastructure, data centre and cloud transformation / migration;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively communicate the value of infrastructure architecture to all levels including Executive leaders;
- Strong business acumen;
- Ability to work with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF
Essential technical skills:
- Infrastructure subject matter expert (WAN, LAN, Virtualisation, Storage, Integration);
- Private / Public Cloud (including AWS and Azure);
- Architectural modelling, design and roadmapping;
- Demonstrable success in delivering roadmaps and designs in a similarly sized organisations: multiple data centres, 30,000 indirect employees, national footprint with global satellite sites, hundreds of servers;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Infrastructure Architect.
Desirable technical skills:
- WAN / LAN (Cisco);
- DevOps / Automation / Orchestration;
- Software Defined Infrastructure;
- Enterprise Service Bus;
- Microsoft Hyper V; VMWare
- Experience of airport development projects;
- TOGAF or equivalent qualified
- Experience of working within PRINCE2, RIBA or equivalent, structured projects.
What we Offer
MAG offers a base salary of up to £65,000 (dependent upon experience) plus bonus, pension and benefits package.
MAG operates a strict Preferred Supplier List. Therefore, we are unable to accept CVs from recruitment agencies without prior agreement.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77522811