Recruiting for a new edition to a busy garment technical team, you will be working across a truly diverse range of apparel, from sports and leisure to lifestyle and fashion for the highstreet.
Garment Technologist – The Job Opportunity
- To ensure each customer's range is fit for purpose and meets expected standards
- To improve and support innovative technical solutions to improve product, quality, cost and speed of delivery
- Responsible for creating detailed technical specifications and size charts.
- Measuring garments and fitting, sealing samples with customers and factories/suppliers.
- Handling all approvals from concept to pre-production, actioning any comments
- Communicate all technical information directly to the factory, and problem solving
- Manage and advise all test reports
- Update and manage client online submission sites/systems
- Accountable for maintaining and managing the critical path.
- Supporting the Technical Manager
Garment Technologist – The Person Specification
- Experience within a garment technical role, ideal min.2-3years within womens/menswear
- Open to a multi-product background, able to move between product areas with assurance
- Good knowledge of garment construction and understanding of the production process, (pattern awareness would be advantageous)
- Able to attend fit sessions, and solve / explain and fit issues
- Experience of managing the sampling and pre-production approvals process with offshore suppliers & factories
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. Accurate and attentive to detail.
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77671248