Planet Retail RNG provides leading FMCG and retail businesses with the expertise, network and information to confidently make strategic decisions, future investments, and navigate disruption in key retail markets around the world.
Our vision for delivering deep insight and retail market intelligence has evolved into a business with a range of solutions, delivered via teams based in Boston, London and Frankfurt. Our comprehensive coverage of the retail sector is enhanced by our proprietary data and forecasts. We publish research reports on topics and issues that are top of mind for our clients now and in the future, and complement this with bespoke recommendations and continuous learning via our advisory and executive education capabilities.
We are looking to recruit an Retail Analyst in our London office to join our fast growing Content team focused on assisting our clients with their challenges of today, and of the future.
- Working under the direction of a Research Director, providing inputs to the Planet Retail portal including;
- Coverage of retailers and markets, with accountability for primary research and written insight as well as numerical updating and forecasting for the portal.
- Monitoring the key trends in these areas and understanding the implications for suppliers, as well as being confident in predicting the future developments.
- Accurate and up to date retailer and market profiles and data forecasts; tier 1 profiles updated monthly and tier 2 quarterly (supporting collective team targets.
- Reporting of news and store visits.
- Development of insight articles and reports (capturing trends and future focused implications), with support where required.
- Collaboration with colleagues to support research projects across multiple locations.
- Supporting advisory projects for clients (e.g. creation of original content and slides).
- Support for Digital and Retail Technology projects (collaborating with Retail Technology colleagues) where required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- Keen interest in retail, FMCG is desirable.
- Experience of/or understanding of online retail and digital beneficial.
- Microsoft Excel, plus Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- English language skills – excellent, additional language skills beneficial.
- Ownership, customer focus, good time management, personal effectiveness.
- Ability to interpret data in order to draw concise conclusions.
- Ambition to progress in a career in retail insight, with a hunger to learn from the industry and colleagues.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- A great team player with drive and flexibility