Front End Web Developer
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has a fantastic opportunity for a hardworking and ambitious individual to join our multi-award winning company as a Web Developer (front-end) in head office in New Malden (24 minutes from London Waterloo). This is a flexible role where you'll be able to work from home one-to-two days a week.
You'll be joining our friendly web development team working on cutting-edge technology across our multiple brands. Day to day you'll be working as part of a fully agile growing development team with a dedicated product owner team. You'll be responsible for building different applications and sites for our brands and several FCTG owned products and services.
- Understanding of coding principles and standards
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by adhering to Flight Centre code guidelines and processes
- Providing efficient delivery of tasks
- Collaboration with team members
- Ownership of delivery
If you enjoy design, coding, sharing ideas and love being part of a collaborative team within a growing, international travel agency, then this is the perfect role for you.
Previous experience required:
- 3 years' commercial experience in a similar role
- Browser debugging tools such as Firebug or Chrome dev tools
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS3, JS, XML
- Sass or LESS
- Good knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of Grunt, Gulp, NPM, Bower
- Exposure to Symfony (would be beneficial)
- Good understanding of code optimization
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Some exposure to any of these: React, Node, Express or Angular
- Exposure to SOAP/REST APIs
- Exposure to Drupal (desirable)
The rewards and benefits
For this Front End Developer role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and quarterly incentives. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits.
Here is a taster of our fantastic benefits:
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with opportunities across the globe
- Fast Track leadership programme to develop the future leaders of our business
- Employer-matched pension scheme
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house financial advisors
- Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
- Bronze level health cash plan - you can claim for optical, dental and other treatments
- Opportunity to take a three-month sabbatical after five years
- Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more...
We've consistently been voted one of the Best Places to Work in the UK (according to the Great Place to Work® Institute AND The Sunday Times). If you want to join us in our success, apply now.
No agencies please