R&D Research Analyst
This life sciences company develops natural bioactive compounds into novel antimicrobial solutions to human and animal health-related problems and takes these solutions to the market where they can be used.
The company was established in 1998. Over the last 18 years they have grown into a life sciences company that is a leader in the development of anti-infectives. Their aim is to use their culture of creativity and diversity to contribute to improving the lives, health and wellbeing of those patients and customers who have life-limiting rare diseases or for whom effective treatments for their medical conditions are not currently available.
Their people consist of highly trained individuals with backgrounds in analytical chemistry, separation science, medicinal biology, microbiology, protein chemistry, drug development, agriculture, engineering and business, who intuitively think creatively.
They offer a highly rewarding career in the life science industry and is looking for dynamic and motivated individuals to join their expanding team.
- Carry out research and development projects in natural product biotechnology both independently and under supervision of senior staff members.
- Develop and perform analytical techniques
- Contribute to innovation and modification of processes, methods and equipment.
- Conduct laboratory analysis procedures and quality control procedures as required.
- Manage inventory for R&D projects.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Write technical reports and specifications, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as necessary.
- Monitor the suitability of raw materials, components and process parameters to ensure that quality is maintained at all times.
- Process development
- Product validation
- Quality control
- A Degree or equivalent qualification in Analytical Science / Chemistry or related discipline.
- Practical experience with HPLC, including calibration.
- Computer literacy (familiarity with Microsoft Office as a minimum).
- 3 years experience in Analytical Science or chemistry related discipline.
-Experience with LC-MS.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team of Chemists, Biologists and Biochemists.
- Practical experience of chemical extraction and purification techniques, including preparative chromatography.
- A postgraduate qualification in Analytical Science, Chemistry or related discipline would be desirable but suitable and relevant industrial experience also be considered.
- Analytical experience using Spectrophotometric techniques.
Costs incurred by applicants for travelling to any interview granted or relocation will not be covered.