FinTech - Senior Data Scientist - Centre of Excellence
I am working with a very well-funded Fin-Tech based out of the West-End that is looking to establish a new Data Science Centre of Excellence in London.
The leadership team is seeking experienced Data Scientists to initially lay the ground-work and shape the team as it expands, given their YOY growth rate has been over 50% since their inception.
This is a "hands-on" role, below are some responsibilities for this role:
- Design and Develop statistical models
- Assessing, cleaning, merging, and analyzing large scale data-sets.
- Utilize advanced statistical software to develop linear/non-linear, parametric/non-parametric, and classical/machine learning based predictive modeling/data mining analytic methodologies
- Create weekly and monthly reports to monitor model performance
- Writing of clear and detailed model documentation
- Occasional interaction with business partners to understand the needs and goals of the portfolio
- Present findings and make recommendations to Analytics team, Execs and business leaders
Experience and Education:
- Minimum M.S./M.A. in a highly quantitative field (Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or other quantitatively-oriented degree) required. Doctoral Degree is a plus.
- Strong quantitative / statistical modeling capabilities.
- Experience within the Financial Services sector is a plus, but not required.
- Strong SAS (Statistical Analytical Software) & Hadoop skills preferred, with ability to conduct extensive data research. Candidates with experience with other software such as R, MATLAB, SQL, and/or SPSS will also be considered.
- Knowledge of typical data mining techniques is a plus.
Please call Ahad Shadab at HFG to discuss the role and organisation in further detail.