Java Developer - Mid Level
A mid level Java Developer is required by an innovative fintech software house, based in the West Midlands. We are looking for a Developer with a passion to innovate and the strength of character to challenge conventional ideas. You would be working on a connectivity and message brokering platform that integrates with the most prestigious organisations in the financial services sector. This well-established fintech has a long and proud history of taking emerging fintech solutions to the financial services sector.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join the existing team and contribute to the suite of financial applications. You would take ownership of specific projects and contribute towards the technology strategy. You would also be encouraged to bring new concepts and technology to the team.
The essential requirements:
- Minimum 3 – 5 years core Java Development experience
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and multi-threaded applications
- Low Latency development experience
- Experience with message queuing and message delivery EMS technologies; RabbitMQ, Kafka JMS
- Awareness of RESTful web services and associated technologies
- Awareness of Git, Maven, Jenkins, etc
- Awareness of message mapping / transformation, STP (Straight Through Processing) or ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
Other desirable requirements include:
- Experience working within Fintech, banking or financial services arenas.
- Awareness of FIX Frameworks (FIX Engine and FIX protocol)
Whilst being a valued member of a close team, you will be expected to contribute to group activities and wider company operations. You must also be well organised and proactive because you will be expected to work autonomously. The role also involves engaging with clients, responding to their business needs and resolving any issues, particularly during the onboarding process.
We are looking for a passionate professional with the desire to learn new languages and technologies. You will enjoy the prestige that results from building domain knowledge and technical expertise in this exciting sector. There are excellent career prospects within this organisation.
The salary offered is £45,000 and is dependent on experience, so could be higher for exceptional candidates. This role will be working out of the Birmingham office.
Applications are invited from individuals that match the above description and are both based in the UK and eligible to work in the UK.
Autus HR has been contracted to search for, assess and select Professionals who will be successful in this role. Due to the specific requirements of this role, only a small percentage of all applications will be invited to progress through the process, however we will respond to every application we receive. Not being successful for this role does not exclude you from applying for other opportunities.
For further information, please contact Paul Roberts
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77729798