Teacher of History
Salary: UCL Academy Main Pay Scale 1-9 (Inner London Equivalent) plus an enhanced £1,500 allowance
Required: January 2018
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Location: London Borough of Camden
'The school's work to promote pupils' personal development and welfare is outstanding'
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious History Teacher to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. The ability to teach a second humanities subject would be a strong advantage. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
The Humanities department is currently at an exciting stage of development and recently was named as an Area of Excellence by Challenge Partners. As the Academy moves into its sixth year our first Year 11 cohort achieved 25% A*-A grades and 77% achieved A-C grades. The department also achieved 100% A*-C at A Level. We are lucky that our humanities students receive academic mentoring from UCL undergraduates and our courses are enriched by lectures, seminars and master classes. These links mean that all students have regular encounters with academic excellence in Humanities.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, the Academy is celebrating another exceptionally successful year of A-level results, with our students securing places at some of Britain's most prestigious universities including our sponsor UCL. Additionally, as expected, our pioneering cohort of students have performed extremely well in the Academy's first ever set of GCSE exams in 2017; the core subjects students have performed well above national average.
Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology - including Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- A Teacher Professional Improvement Programme tied into Appraisal, including a specialist induction programme for NQTs
- Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning - 50% of teachers are now enrolled in the coaching programme
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff are Associate Lecturers and have full access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
- Laptops & IPads for all staff members
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide.
How To Apply
Visits are encouraged prior to making an application, to arrange please contact Faye Harrison on 0207 259 8770. To apply please send your CV or request an application pack from Faye Harrison at You can also contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information or visit www.uclacademy.co.uk.
Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77718077