Pattonair is one of the world’s largest procurers in the aerospace and defence industry. We help our customers get the right product at the right time as well as providing proven supply chain expertise.
With over forty years of experience, Pattonair consistently offer competitively priced products, world class performance, the highest quality standards and unparalleled customer service. We have global coverage from dedicated facilities to provide a range of services from product distribution, direct line feed and kitting, through to bespoke supply chain solutions and consultation.
At Pattonair, we have an opportunity for a Systems Architect to join the Infrastructure Function at our Derby operations.
As a System Architect you will enable and support the achievement of our global business objectives through innovative technical solutions that are reliable, secure and cost effective across the global infrastructure platforms. Providing excellence in Information Technology solutions and services that will facilitate the strategic vision, objectives and goals, working with all business functions to define, improve, support and drive efficiency improvements throughout the business.
You will lead and manage the overall technical platform, being responsible for the enterprise architecture. Providing technical leadership to ensure the IT infrastructure remains current, sustainable and cost effective in line with industry accepted standards.
- Evaluate technology and market trends to ensure the accepted strategies remain sustainable and cost effective.
- Develop implementation plans for infrastructure architecture on a basis of IT strategies and business requirements to ensure service delivery on time and on budget.
- Design and maintain the network topology, transport protocols and the enterprise level networking and security hardware/operating systems to ensure business continuity.
- Establish and enforce the security policy, trust models, technologies and standards for administrators to follow in delegating and granting privileges to retain system integrity and minimise risk.
- Enforce infrastructure architecture execution as well as on going refinement tasks to ensure a standardised service delivery.
- Travel to other Pattonair facilities, Customer and / or Supplier sites may be required from time to time, sometimes involving staying overnight.
- Specific responsibility for maintaining, supporting and ensuring maximum uptime for the following technology areas:
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Web Services (IIS)
- Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft Data Protection Manager (DPM)
- Secondary responsibility for covering all other areas of IT within Pattonair for example (but not limited to): Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365, WAN/LAN, Firewalls, VPN, WAN Acceleration, MPLS, System Centre (SCCM, SCVMM), PKI, Skype for Business, IP Telephony, Wireless, Virtualisation, V7000 SAN, Server, Blade and Hyper-converged hardware and IT security.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77722248