Cloud Hosting Platforms Architect
We are looking for a Cloud Hosting Platforms Architect to join Centrica’s Strategy and Architecture team.
As a Cloud Hosting Platform Architect you will be an integral part of our Enterprise Infrastructure & Cloud Architecture group, who are responsible for Strategic direction and Continuous Improvement of Cloud, Hosting, Infrastructure and Core Technical services within Centrica.
Reporting to the Head of Hosting Platform Architecture, this is a key role within Centrica’s Strategy & Architecture function. This role will be part of a team of Cloud & Infrastructure Architects, architecting shared, multi-region Hybrid Cloud Hosting platforms supporting Centrica Group’s global business.
You will have the following responsibilities:
Your main responsibilities will be:
1 - Planning and Architecture Development
- Contribute to the Hosting & Cloud Platforms and Shared Infrastructure Services & capabilities, Architecture vision and roadmap, and an infrastructure technology strategy that delivers robust, resilient and compliant solutions based on Cloud and On Premise hosting platforms across EMEA and Americas geographical regions.
- Contribute to the development and management of technical standards and practices which implement the Hybrid Cloud and Shared Infrastructure Services strategy.
- Provide assurance and advise that the solutions and technologies recommended will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business and our operational needs.
- Research & Identify innovative technologies pertinent to the Target Architecture & involvement in any incubation and pilot of these technologies.
- Responsible for prioritising and managing own workload
- Provide technical guidance and support to Cloud & Infrastructure Architecture team
2 - Financial Responsibilities
- Supports business investment planning across Centrica Group, focusing on continuous improvement within the Hosting Platforms Architecture.
- Recommend design options for the vendor choice selection for various
3 - Operational Responsibilities
- Delivers the infrastructure technology strategy in line with business requirements, organization and industry standards.
- Advises the Hosting Platforms team as well as the wider Architecture teams on new opportunities or changes to their markets through emerging technologies.
- Contribute to the delivery of complex platform hosting solutions where required
- Effectively manage stakeholders
- Set and document appropriate development and technical standards and ensuring they are followed and communicated.
4. Team Leadership and People Management
- Be part of a high performing team of talented people, provide advice, sharing knowledge and motivating both self and others
- Own, manage and coordinate own project demand workload, performance and quality through appropriate KPIs
- Be a leader of Hosting Platforms.
You will be an experienced Infrastructure Architect with the following background and experience:
1 - Competencies:
- Strong experience in a Hosting, Data Centre Technologies, Infrastructure Shared Services.
- Strong knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud Platforms and Solutions, as well as industry awareness of competing IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Broad Network and Security knowledge
- Knowledge Platform Services including Storage, Databases & Middleware technologies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive
- Building Great Relationships:
- Impact and influencing skills
- Making Change Happen:
- Stakeholder management
2 - Work Experience:
- 5+ years as an Infrastructure Architect
- 2+ years as a Cloud Architect
- Experience in a multi-unit organisation, advising and collaborating.
- Strategic Dimensions: long and mid-term (1-3 years), implementation.
- Technical experience at least two or more of the following areas: Infrastructure Architecture, DC technologies, Cloud Solutions, Systems Operations / Management, IT Security
- A good understanding of Industry regulatory compliance relevant to cloud deployment
- Strong experience and/or certified in Architecture Frameworks & SOA, (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman)
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77711894