Merchandiser (Part Time Job Share)
White Stuff is a multi-channel brand with a strong heritage and values. Established in 1985 we have now grown to over 100 shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and home ware. Our original prints, intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
We’re a sociable, talented and like-minded bunch here at White Stuff, proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about our customers. We believe people are at the heart of our business, so we’re committed to building and sustaining a sense of community and togetherness, where everyone feels like they’re part of something special. Creating responsibly is at the heart of everything we do and each of our Shops supports one of its local charities through the White Stuff Foundation.
Your Role: Merchandiser (Job Share - 3 days per week)
Your Manager: Merchandise ManagerRole Summary
We are currently recruiting for a Merchandiser to join the White Stuff family.
Based at our Head Office in Oval, London, this person will have overall responsibility for managing the range planning process, initiating, forecasting and maintaining the WSSI and developing and managing the team.
This is a job share opportunity and thus is a 3 days per week requirement.What You'll Be Doing:
• Proactively managing the stock coming into and flowing through the business
• Overall responsibility for the trading of the department. Identifying risks and opportunities through OTBmanagement with the Buying team
• Responsible for line dept plans, sales, space, margin and providing detailed category and options plans to the Buying team
• Provision of weekly reporting pack to include WSSI information
• Monitor stock positions and trading performance of all options
• Input into weekly Stock and Sales meeting to discuss relevant issues
• Provide ongoing analysis of the buy, price point, colours, margin, etc.
• Manage gross and net margin through markdown management
• Team management - responsible for coaching and development of Assistant Merchandiser and Allocator
• Ad hoc projects
• A strong merchandising background with experience of working as a Merchandiser within a fashion retail environment
• Experience of managing a team
• Confident and self-motivated
• Excellent organisation, prioritisation and communication skills
• The ability to negotiate and build relationships easily
• Strong numerical ability with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong commercial awareness
• Excellent attention to detail
• Passion for our lovely product!
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77734286