Why we are hiring ?
Increase size of current Utility Banking security team to meet expanded workload (Sainsburys, ATOM Bank and any new clients), support additional applications (larger suite of application security support for Sainsburys in particular), and provide backup and coverage for key security functions.
Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Responds to information security-related questions and inquiries using established information security tools and procedures. Resolves and/or performs follow through to resolve all information security issues and questions. Implements and administers information security controls using software and vendor security systems.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocol and recommends solutions.
- Maintains security systems and administers security policies to control access to systems.
- Maintains the company's applicable encryption methods.
- Maintains Role Base Access Control (RBAC) framework, tools, and processes
- Creates information security documentation related to work area and completes requests in accordance with company requirements.
- Identifies opportunities and executes plans to improve workflow and understands and quantifies business impacts of those improvements for communication to management.
- Interfaces with user community to understand security needs and implements procedures to accommodate them. Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Provides status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Other related duties assigned as needed
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control)
- Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc)
- Knowledge of UK and/or European information security laws, regulations, and best practices
- Knowledge of general banking processes and workflows
- Proficiency in time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
- Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
- Basic to intermediate decision-making and problem solving skills
- Basic to intermediate verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and/or clients
This position is to be based in either Edinburgh or Cumbernauld.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77629854