Principal Software Engineer, Big Data, Java 8, Scala, AWS, Agile
My client are global technology firm who are seeking an innovative Principal Software Engineer based in Central Londonto work as part of the team who is responsible for their Big Data Platform. The Principal Software Engineer will be seen as the go to person within the Big Data Platform team for technology strategy, mentoring and guiding technologists whilst collaborating closely with the Big Data Product team. This Principal Software Engineer position offers excellent opportunities to be a vital part business-critical projects and have real impact in the future of growing global business.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will:
- Design, prototype and implement robust big-data applications using best-practice agile development processes
- Work in Java 8, Scala, and Spark to feed and enrich data lakes, identifying relevant information and making it available to researchers and analytic tools
- Build cloud infrastructure in AWS to host and monitor applications
- Define the technical direction of the product, evaluating new technologies and architectures which will accelerate delivery and produce a scalable solution
- Provide technical guidance to a small, tight-knit, agile, quality-focused team
- Provide technical mentoring and training to junior or less experienced software engineers, ensuring they have the knowledge to be best they can be in their roles
The Principal Software Engineer will ideally have the following experience:
- Commercial experience in architecting and implementing Big Data solutions.
- Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge
- Excellent programming skills on the JVM with either Java 8 and/or Scala
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with a certain degree of uncertainty
- A technologist who is comfortable with evaluating new developments in a constantly changing landscape, and designing technical solutions that leverage existing frameworks to accelerate and scale our capabilities
- An advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software, such as CI, TDD, and automated deployment
- Comfortable working in Unix CLI and with cloud infrastructure
- Comfortable learning new technologies, languages, and tools on the job, to ensure that the product is not left behind in a rapidly evolving ecosystem
This really is an exceptional role with a great salary package and benefits on offer. The successful Principal Software Engineer will play a key part in the company’s progress as well as new product innovation, working within an Agile team in a challenging yet rewarding environment. So, if this exciting new opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer is of interest then please apply now for immediate consideration.
Principal Software Engineer, Big Data, Java 8, Scala, AWS, Agile – JY/4768
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position. Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77719560