Role: Multi-Skilled Shift Technician
Location: Harlow, Essex
Pay rate: £DOE
Shifts: Continentals (2 on 2 off, 3 on 2 off etc.)
Do you want to work for a company who is one of the world's foremost suppliers of their product? Who has leadership positions in many markets? Our client has a new position available through expansion for a Multi-Skilled Shift Technician.
The company is headquartered in London, and provides customer-focused services from Essex, Germany, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Atlanta. With over 2800 employees, they are able to respond to specific and tailored needs. They use their technical expertise and R&D capability to understand customers' needs and anticipate customers' needs.
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, and working within an engineering team of 2, you will be responsible for the maintenance upon our client's machinery. You will:
* Carry out breakdown and planned maintenance work as required by the Engineering Workshop Supervisor. This requires mechanical, electrical, instrumentation diagnostic and repair skills in accordance with competence experience and trained ability.
* Ensure all jobs are completed on time, or fully handed over in a safe manner
* Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained
* Adhere to quality standards at all times
* Update work electronically on SAP
Health and Safety:
* Become familiar with and apply the company policy statement, including H&S policy, Environmental policy and Responsible care statement
* Be fully conversant with and work to site safety rules, in line with SHE goals. Including permits, PIR's, PPE's etc.
* Maintain a general good standard of housekeeping
* Contribute to risk assessments
* Understand the company quality policy and work towards the objective that
* Liaise with Team Leaders regarding job issues and completion of maintenance jobs
* Report any deficiencies or requirements concerning site engineering matters
* Accept training in skills required to carry out maintenance functions as agreed.
The successful candidate will be apprenticeship trained, in C&G or equivalent in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation minimum, alongside a number of core electrical qualifications which include IEE 17th Edition and C&G Installers. Other requirements are below:
* A minimum of five years' experience in the process, chemical or allied industries
* Conversant with DOL and variable speed motor controls (either manual or automatic PLC controlled)
If you have not been formally trained and experienced in the selection of equipment suitable for hazardous areas (COMPEX) - you will be trained to COMPEX installer standard. If you would like more information on this position, please contact me on Josh.Bridges@search.co.uk
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.