IST Infrastructure Engineer
Our widely recognised client based in Greenford are recruiting for a IST Infrastructure Engineer. The purpose of the role is to develop, support and maintain in-house network, server, storage and infrastructure systems. This includes monitoring all aspect (performance, functionality, availability), installing, diagnosing, maintaining and upgrading all infrastructure hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal performance and availability.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or management information systems or a related discipline.
- Certifications in Microsoft, MCSE 2008 certified or higher, or well on way to completion.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Cisco and Dell systems.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft System Centre, including Desktop Imaging
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Lync, Hyper-V and SQL Server.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012/2016
- Excellent understanding of networking principals, including TCP/IP.
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, Group Policies and troubleshooting.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as servers, data switches, computers and peripherals.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77732247