Junior Product Owner
As a Junior Product Owner, you will work within a team environment to deliver best of breed software solutions to our innovative and industry leading Sportsbook products.
Our Development Teams in London are currently looking for a Junior Product Owner for our Sportsbook Management suite of products. There will be a strong focus on requirements, scoping, definition of acceptance criteria, working with the development team on estimation of stories and most importantly delivery of the products in question. You will work with the senior members of the product team and strive to remain aligned and challenged at all times.
You’ll work with a committed and collaborative team of developers and subject matter specialists who will assist you in achieving shared product goals. As such you will need to work transparently within our tools of trade (e.g. Jira and Confluence), plus provide reports on progress to stakeholders across the business. We are committed to sharing our strategies openly as a business. As such, you will need to understand commercial strategies and the desired commercial outcomes of your work as a product owner.
- Work with subject matter experts to define stories with comprehensive acceptance criteria
- Maintain and own the direction of the roadmap
- Prioritise issues and business as usual work alongside project deliverables
- Ensuring that projects and delivered to the agreed timelines and to the client specification
- Updating stakeholders with timely progress reports, highlighting success and delivery risks (and mitigation strategies identified)
- Continually improve our team processes, reducing waste and re-work
- Occasional travel to other offices
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Very strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to self-motivate and proactively engage stakeholders
- Ambition and drive for a career in product/project management
- Experience using Agile project management methodologies
- Experience of working within or project managing a software delivery team
- Familiarity with JIRA and related Atlassian technology
A strong background knowledge in sports bettingCompany DescriptionGenius Sports is a global leader in sports data technology, distribution and commercialisation services. We provide innovative and data-driven solutions to sports leagues and federations. Headquartered in London and across over 15 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognised as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. Founded on integrity, Genius Sports has become the trusted technology partner of hundreds of sporting bodies, including the world’s largest international federations and professional leagues such as FIBA and the English Premier League. Taking a true partnership approach to working with sport, we distribute official data for organisations such as La Liga, the ATP and WTA. Genius Sports' commitment to sport goes beyond delivering profitable and technical solutions for our partners. We understand that the protection, integrity and successful commercialisation of sports data is fundamental to the continued success of the industry. Its future requires those who run sports and those who utilise the data to work closely together, therefore ensuring sport is protected and opportunities are maximised.