Software Tester - (Manual & Automation). £22,000 + Bens. Leicester, East Midlands.
Our client is a market leader in their niche field of software provision to the financial services sector. They have a global presence and a growing client group. To support this growth they are now looking for an Junior Software Tester to support their UK office in Leicester
The Junior Test Analyst will plan and implement effective test strategies in order to ensure the quality of a range of desktop and web-based software solutions. You will be responsible for Defect Analysis, replication and resolution within team/with project development team and co-ordinating with BA's. You will also ensure that software delivery is problem-free and meets the business and user requirements.
Comfortable with a wide-range of testing disciplines; from working independently on manual software tests, collaborating with colleagues on user stories as well as writing and undertaking test plans.
Comprehensive ability in assessing and processing results from automated tests, manual reproduction of issues, raising bug reports and writing customer facing instructions as well as training guides.
* Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple stakeholders across the company; both internally and externally.
* Solid analytical skills and strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
* A good understanding of the main concepts of software testing and why good testing supports a product and a team
* Conducting system testing and data verification
* Ability to maintain version control
* Knowledge of creating and executing test strategies
* Knowledge of automated testing using Selenium is recommended but not required
* Awareness of Agile methodologies will be a plus.
* Knowledge of SQL / Oracle will be preferred. Knowledge of Jira (or an equivalent ticket/call logging system) is recommended but not required
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77713172