Senior Data Engineer, Big Data, JVM, Java, SQL, Spark, Kafka
My client are global technology firm who are seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer based in Central Londonto help design and build a new capability making use of big data technology. The Senior Data Engineer will have a keen interest in big data and technologies such as Spark, Scala, Kafka and the Hadoop ecosystem. This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to play a leading role in changing the way that data based products are delivered within the business.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will:
- Develop applications that exploit a unique collection of scientific data.
- Build cloud based data matching applications and APIs for researcher profile information.
- Build well-formed APIs and services to allow members of the wider ecosystem to easily integrate with applications.
- Take advantage of techniques such as test-driven development, pair programming and continuous delivery.
- Work with Data Scientists and Product Managers to ensure software is high quality and meets user requirements.
The Senior Data Engineer will ideally have the following experience:
- Excellent programming skills on the JVM using Java, Scala and possibly other languages.
- Comfortable working with SQL/NoSQL.
- Comfortable working in Unix CLI and with cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with AWS (EMR) and/or Cloudera
- An advocate of agile practices for rapid development of quality software.
- Comfortable learning new technologies, languages and tools on the job to ensure that the product is not left behind in a rapidly evolving ecosystem.
- Experience with Spark or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks.
- Experience with Kafka is ideal for this role.
This really is an exceptional role with a great salary package and benefits on offer. The successful Senior Data Engineer will play a key part in the company’s progress as well as new product innovation, working within an Agile team in a challenging yet rewarding environment. So, if this exciting new opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer is of interest then please apply now for immediate consideration.
Senior Data Engineer, Big Data, JVM, Java, SQL, Spark, Kafka – JY/4766
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position. Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77721926