Machine Shop Manager
Machine Shop Manager
£40000 - £47000pa + Benefits
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer of specialist equipment. They are now looking to recruit a Machine Shop Manager to work out of their Surrey facility.
Planning and Operation of machines where necessary, and day to day running of the Machine Shop
* Provide supervision within the department and establish best working practices.
* Schedule department workload and monitor department performance
* Monitor and report on costs and expenditure and Capital Equipment purchase
* Mentor staff and assist in their development
* Meet department objectives and targets
* Continual improvement of machine shop practices
Key Functions/Main Duties
* To follow a process of continuous improvement of the departments methods and procedures
* Operate CNC's and manual machines where necessary to meet delivery requirements
* Provide Support to the programming of the CNC machines
* Ensure manufactured parts are inspected prior to delivery
* To ensure all required paperwork is completed on time and is up to date
* Report any changes required to products and drawings
* To check that equipment is used correctly and to report any faulty equipment immediately
* Supervise the day to day running of the machinery.
* Schedule work load between the available machines and personnel.
* To ensure staff follow established Health and Safety procedures
* Ensure the department is kept clean and tidy
* Liaise with members of the following departments: Sales, Service, Production, Manufacturing, Drawing Office and Accounts.
* To maintain Compliance with company systems and procedures
* Continually develop personal knowledge with respect to our clients products, customers, distributors, competitors and working procedures.
* Pro actively contribute to the continuous development of the international sales department and support colleagues.
* A requirement to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
Mechanical Engineering HND
Experience in running a Machine Shop
Working Knowledge including programming of CNC Mills and Lathes and combination Mill/Lathes
Good Knowledge of CAD/CAM and workholding
For more information on this role, please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77714267