Our Client are a leading engineering business based in Durham. The company currently require a talented Process Engineer to join the company.
* Evaluate and implement continuous process improvements within our current manufacturing systems to contribute towards cost saving initiatives
* Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
* Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards
* Collect, record, and transcribe data and show results in KPI reports
* Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process
* Provide suggestions during incident investigations and advise on corrective actions
* Ensure projects are completed on time.
* Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
* Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes
* Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
* Maintain and further develop our preventative maintenance programme to reduce machine downtime
* Maintain and develop process documentation and standard operating instructions
* Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, training, initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
* Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
* Responsible for meeting production plans and schedules.
* Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization quality standards.
* Must have previous work experience in process engineering preferably in manufacturing environment
* Good working knowledge of semiconductors is essential.
* Bachelor's degree as a minimum requirement, ideally in Engineering, Science or other relevant technical equivalent
* Green or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification advantageous
* Excellent communication skills - both fluent English verbal and written
* Excellent IT skills e.g. MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook,
* Strong knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean
* Resolves personnel problems by analysing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
* Collaboration and contribution to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Previously demonstrated strong team and communication skills, flexibility, and motivation, with a strong emphasis around safety and compliance practices
* Lean Six Sigma Methodology experience desired
* Excellent technical skills
* Innovative mind-set
£40,000-£60,000 plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77698560