Senior Planning & Procurement Manager
An exciting opportunity recruiting for a senior manager with a proven background in planning, production or procurement management, ideally from within fashion and textiles background. This is a newly created role within the Supply Chain which will focus on supporting a production site by driving strategic and operational improvements in line with the global supply planning model.
The role will initially focus on supporting the definition and execution of the supply model, partnering with a cross functional team across corporate and internal manufacturing, while leading the day to day planning operations at the site.
Senior Planning & Procurement Manager – The Job Role
- Lead the planning team to coordinate production planning, raw material procurement and warehouse departments to ensure the optimal lead time of production and a seamless integration between departments.
- Develop Planning & Procurement team to achieve end-to-end Operational Excellence
- Work closely with the Senior Production Manager and the Senior Quality Manager on projects and improvement activities and liaise with London head office to identify, define and implement improvement strategies;
- Support the senior team in liaising with the Supply Planning team to gauge the seasonal & yearly forecast to build Supplier capacity plans
- Analyse demand requirements to identify bottle necks and recommend actions for resolution
- Manage supplier capacity and suggest strategies to overcome capacity constraints
- Partner with Supply Planning and Raw Material Procurement to ensure raw material flow is in line with planned procurement and production.
- Visit suppliers/vendors regularly to assess capabilities and assist in the resolution of issues to drive continuous improvement
- Identify risk of commitments in partnership with internal teams
- Review the order placement post markets, ensuring product can be delivered on time and liaising with the Supply Planning teams on any challenges/opportunities
- Manage central forecast from supply planning and agree delivery plans, considering both production constraints and commercial needs
- Manage raw material suppliers and create a strategy to improve lead times and quality levels
- Provide regular reporting and visibility of production progress and stock levels, to minimise excess
- Negotiate production plan with the supplier and hand over consolidated/confirmed plan
- Develop strong partnerships and openness across the entire supply community
- Manage a suite of reports, from weekly update to yearly/seasonal overviews
- Partner with the Supply Planning teams in the monthly S&OP meetings
- Continuous process improvement supported by Lean methodology
Senior Planning & Procurement Manager – The Person Specification
- Proven track record in senior production planning or procurement management.
- Experience within the manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Confident understanding of end to end operation supply chain process.
- Knowledge of fashion or textiles.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with peers and cross-functional business partners
- Great strategic thinking and problem solving,
- Ability to work through complex problems in a logical and strategic manner
- Project management and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through
- Organized, efficient, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual
- Works well in a team and can lead a team
- Ability to react positively to change
- SAP proficiency would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of MRP and Supply Planning tools
- Highly competent IT Microsoft Office user
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.