Validation Engineer - Diesel Engines - FMEA - Peterborough
An opportunity has become available for a Validation Engineer to join the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The position will be a long term contract role based in Peterborough and is paying a rate of up to £38.00 Ltd Co per hour.
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for a Validation Engineer who will be accountable for all aspects of demonstrating the reliability & durability of new engines and engine systems.
You will plan and deliver the validation of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications, and non-road mobile machinery.
The Validation Engineer role involves:
- Identification of risks to product reliability and durability using FMEA, and analysis of in-field usage data.
- Definition of engine build, test and instrumentation requirements.
- Planning and delivery of product validation tests through both our onsite test facility and in-field testing.
- Analysis of engine test data to verify test conditions, reporting on product performance and reliability.
- Root Cause Analysis of failures.
To apply for this Validation Engineer position you should have experience of the following:
- Delivery of projects within a product development environment
- Understanding of diesel engines
- Experience of validating systems & components
- Use of Design FMEAs to manage product risks and plan validation requirements
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills, written & verbal
- Facilitation and creation of FMEAs
- Use of data acquisition and analysis tools such as National Instruments DIAdem
- Industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Analysis of engine data and use of diagnostics tools
- Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques
- Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent experience
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply for this Validation Engineer role you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77714142