Event Manager - Marketing Agency
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Event Manager to join an integrated marketing communications agency based in Surrey. They need someone who can help rattle a few cages in the B2B world and turn the heads of those for whom marketing has simply joined the noise. You?ll be working at a creative agency with a young and vibrant team who want to change the way things are done in B2B events to make it really work in the modern world. You need to be confident, energetic, have tons of initiative, be calm under pressure and have a smart image. And, of course, know B2B events inside out. Reporting into a very friendly Account Director, you?ll need to be confident, self-motivated, have a smart image, and most importantly, be hungry to learn. They are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and be able to hit the ground running.
The role would include:
- Responsibility for the end-to-end management of a wide variety of B2B event projects across different clients & across multiple regions. This includes the ability to deliver high quality B2B events with a highly proactive as well as reactive approach with the ability to build trusted relations with the client base.
- Management of events on site & attendance at all managed live events (conferences, seminars, dinners, exhibitions, roadshows etc) taking a lead management role to bring the event project to fruition.
- Management of live events on site throughout EMEA, the US & APAC.
- Pre-event management including taking detailed client briefs, preparing proposals, constructing budgets & timelines, attending client meetings & working closely with creative teams, copywriters, printers, audio visual suppliers, external venues & other 3rd party suppliers to ensure projects are executed professionally, on time, & within budget & client expectations.
- Financial control of event projects, including complete cost control throughout the project ensuring best negotiated rates & delivery of each campaign within budget.
- Project management of project team ensuring that all deliverables are delivered ahead of schedule & to the highest possible standard regardless of size or scale of event. Including the detailed planning of all event with the production of timelines, proposals, project plans & regular communication with the client.
- Account management & client nurture. Co-responsibility with an Account Manager for the nurture of each client & the relationships within. Client communications are an essential aspect to the role. The role also requires the individual to add value to client campaigns & events, with the ability to offer advice to the client with regard to best practices & achieving the best ROI from their event.
- Attendance at client & supplier meetings & briefings.
- Educated to Degree level with marketing or event management qualifications or experience within a marketing/event environment
- Ideal candidate will be an existing Event Manager with minimum of 3 years+ experience in organising live events, meetings & exhibitions.
- Agency experience essential
- Comprehensive understanding of the B2B event management industry
- Ability to understand client objectives & interpret them to develop an integrated event strategy (including good listening & questioning skills)
- Excellent organiser ? must have experience in managing multiple events at any one time with the ability to multi-task & prioritise based upon the event requirements. The role will involve managing event projects from an end-to-end perspective, therefore candidates will need to understand all aspects to event management from initial briefing to pre-event management, to on site production & through to analysing the success of event projects.
- Experience of managing exhibitions, development of exhibition stands & delivering ROI from exhibitions
- Strong project manager ? be able to juggle multiple tasks smoothly, be organised, have good time management & be in control. Managing the clients & colleagues expectations accurately with the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
- Experience of line managing an Event Executive, as well as managing a wider team on site at an event, with the ability to troubleshoot on site at events before anyone else, react accordingly & provide solutions to the internal team, external suppliers & clients alike.
- Immaculate attention to detail & writing skills ? can input information quickly, accurately & thoroughly. Comfortable with proof reading & basic copywriting
- Financial control - experience of producing client facing budgets & closely of tracking campaign costs.
- Team player - happy to take instructions but also work independently & proactively when required.
- Confident & positive attitude ? this is a client facing role that needs a happy, enthusiastic & professional person who is happy to get involved in a wide range of marketing/event activities & understands how to liaise & present themselves in front of clients & suppliers within a working environment.
- Self-motivated & driven - they must be committed to what the role entails, can embrace the challenges & be hungry to learn.
- Excel, Word & PowerPoint literate ? a good understanding & experience in working with spreadsheets & creating proposals & presentations in PowerPoint
- Calm under pressure ? our working environment gets extremely busy & stressful. The ability to be able to work independently when needed, be forward thinking & use initiative. Ability to make reactive decisions confidently & coherently on site at events quickly that are the right decision & articulate to the wider team in a positive way.
- Flexibility to travel & work early mornings & evenings where required. Clean driving licence essential. Happy to travel around the UK & further afield (including EMEA, USA and APAC ) as event demand requires
- Experience in or inquisitive about virtual events & social media & have some knowledge of its role in B2B marketing & event management.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959568921