Senior Coastal Engineer - Ports & Harbours
Senior Marine and Coastal Engineer
Exeter, Birmingham, Guildford, Bristol or Cardiff
Arcadis have a long and distinguish reputation for attracting, training and developing some of the world?s best graduate engineers, assisting and enabling them to flourish and advance their careers within their chosen field. The Engineering sector has long been our core market, a position it has held throughout our 150 year history, and we pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting solutions for the Highways, Rail, Utilities and Water, Energy and Environment sectors.
Our Rivers, Marine and Coastal team are experiencing an increased workload across various sectors and currently have a wide variety of projects for the Ministry of Defence, Environment Agency on the Water & Environment Management Framework, Canals and River Trust Framework, and our colleagues in the Middle East.
We are now seeking to recruit as Senior Engineer to become a key and integral part of our established Marine and Coastal team, based in either our Exeter, Birmingham, Guildford, Bristol or Cardiff office. With a firm market presence and offering a range of specialist services, this is a great chance to join a growing business with an impressive forward order book.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. MEng Civil Engineering)
Ideally a post-graduate qualification (CEng / MICE)
Demonstrable experience of delivering multi-disciplinary design projects, with ports and coastal engineering experience a distinct advantage
Knowledge of coastal processes, hydraulics, geotechnical and structural engineering design
Experience of stakeholder management and consultation
Design and build experience
Experience in managing commercial aspects of a project
Good motivation, influencing and people management skills with the ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Principal Engineer / Team Leader, you will take on a key role within the Marine & Coastal team, providing leadership, technical advice and leading by example where appropriate. You will manage selected projects (or parts of projects) meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis?s services during interfaces with clients and colleagues in other sectors offices whilst also building and consolidate networks within the industry.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for design, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Providing technical advice and engineering design on coastal and port engineering projects
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Providing both leadership and technical advice to project team members
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which responsible, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients on projects
- Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which responsible
- Maintaining a good understanding of the background of the client?s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Providing direction to the project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovative, client-focused and entrepreneurial culture
- Supporting the Marine & Coastal Associate Business Director in development of the Marine & Coastal Team
- Assisting in developing team members to their full potential
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
- People - we create the environment for people to realise their potential
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate ?3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
What We Offer
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Stakeholder Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Birthday Vouchers
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
Opportunities like this are rare. Don?t miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you?re interested in making a move.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959572212