Philanthropy Relationships Executive – Gifts in Wills
Contract: Fixed term contract –12 months
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple – to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be ranked 9th place in the top 100 ‘Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For' in 2016.
To build relationships with key World Vision supporters who have been identified as potential legacy pledgers. To explain our vision and mission in such a way as to encourage their life time support to continue (through prayer, giving or campaigning) and to consider leaving a gift in their will to our work.
Building 1:1 Relationships with key World Vision Supporters:
1. Manage a portfolio of supporters through 1:1 or small group meetings, engaging our supporters with what their support has helped us achieve so far and sharing the legacy message
2. Liaise with the Philanthropy Executives to support 1:1 legacy asks with WV’s major donors
3. Attend and provide support at around 6 days of Gifts in Wills regional events
Driving supporter understanding and data insight
4. Work alongside our data and insights team to understand supporter behaviour, create regional prospect groups, measure results and feed learning into future events and meetings
5. Work closely with WV Ambassadors (volunteers) and the wider organisation to identify and approach good legacy prospects
Creating compelling content
6. Carry out your own internal research to create and present inspiring stories and updates to share on donor visits and at events
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers and free parking.
Please upload your CV and covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
Closing date for applications: 10th December 2017
Interview dates: Week commencing 18th December 2017
World Vision UK is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of age, sexual orientation, religion and belief, race, gender, marriage and civil partnership status, and disability.
This role requires the post holder to have an active Christian faith as an occupational requirement.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
No agencies please.