Process Engineer Electronics
Process Engineer – Electronics
Salary: c.£40-45,000 + excellent benefits (+ relocation, if required)
For seventy years, Bourns has been a leading global supplier of reliable high quality electronic components and solutions, which have been designed into virtually every type of electronic system including automotive, telecommunications, computers and industrial applications. Bourns offer exciting and challenging careers for growth-oriented professionals.
Bourns Limited is based in Bedford and has an established reputation as a leading manufacturer of Circuit Protection Semiconductors, primarily serving the Telecommunications Industry. The Company is a key division of the Bourns Electronics Group, which is a significant player in the global market for Electronic Components and Integrated Solutions.
Bourns Limited are looking for a responsive and dedicated professional to fill this exciting & challenging position which is a key role for the continued and future success of the Telecommunications Division of Bourns. As an integral member of the Bedford Engineering team, this position will report in to the Senior Wafer Fab Process Manager.
As the Process Engineer you will perform, co-ordinate and manage projects relating to semiconductor products, processes or systems for sustainability, improved performance, quality, reliability and profitability. You will also be closely involved in future project work to support wafer fab upgrades.
- To undertake a number of project based duties
- To sustain, evaluate and improve current processes in a high-volume operation.
- Deliver robust solutions to new process development needs.
- Understand process interactions to improve process control, production yield and product quality.
- Communicate with all Process areas, Equipment Engineering and other Operational groups.
- Use experimental design to drive yield, quality and cycle time improvements.
- Identification and reduction of yield and defect issues.
- Identify and implement cost reduction projects.
- Support and work with Design group to develop new product and processes.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Degree educated, or equivalent
- Good general knowledge & experience with semiconductor Wafer Fab processes – Diffusion, Implant, Photolith and Metals
- Good understanding of process characterization and optimization using DOE techniques
- Ability to assist in process development and support activities within a cleanroom environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong teamwork skills and experience
- Good project management skills
- Ability to document processes and procedures to ensure and maintain process capability and repeatability
- In-depth understanding of Statistical Process Control
- Experience of working effectively with material and equipment suppliers, subcontractors and service engineers
To apply for this fantastic career opportunity please email your CV, or call for more details regarding this exceptional opportunity!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77611224