1st/2nd Line Support Engineer - 6 Month Contract (SC clearance)
Our client is a Global defence giant and the single contractor providing specialist In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System based at Faslane , near Glasgow. They are urgently seeking an experienced 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer on a 6 month fixed term contract due to an internal move.
NOTE: You MUST have CURRENT SC clearance to be considered for this contract.
Specific Job Description
- Utilise Service Desk call logging software to log, monitor, update and resolve customer problems & incidents in line with Service Level Agreements
- Identify, analyse and where possible, resolve problems with computer hardware, telecommunications and software
- Liaise with team members and escalate tickets to senior engineers where appropriate.
- Maintain and updates asset registers & knowledge bases
- Utilise, maintain and create where appropriate, documentation for all IT systems and functions
- Undertake daily system checks to ensure IT system availability
- Deploy workstations and printers to the desktop
- Participate in project based tasks working closely with team members and stakeholders
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Windows 7 & 10 Desktop
- Knowledge of Server 2012
- Knowledge of VMware virtualisation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Excellent Customer Services engagement with good communication skills
- Able to develop strong troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
- Motivated with a willingness to further develop knowledge and experience
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and able to use own initiative
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Previous experience of working in a service desk environment
Client actively encourages personal development so loads of scope to get involved in many areas.
Due to the nature of the work, successful candidates will be required to undergo and satisfy Government Security vetting procedures. You will need to hold SC clearance to start.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959579954