IT Support Assistant
Get involved with the world's fastest expanding industry. Work in Tech. Apply now!
With just under 700 staff and partners we are one of the UK's top 20 accountancy firms. We are a PKF member firm in Scotland, a family of legally independent member firms with over 400 offices, operating in 150 countries.
The IT Support Assistant is a developing member of the team still learning procedures and gaining new skills whilst providing an effective support service to the business. They are a first point of contact for clients using email, online portal and phone. They are a conduit to relay any major issues and escalate them to more experienced members of the team and the IT Support Manager. They are required to work autonomously and able to manage their own workload, seeking extra responsibility and assisting other members of the team if/when the workload levels drop.
- Ensure sufficient cover for the service desk function by communicating with colleagues and arranging breaks accordingly
- Manage the service desk queue and ensure the volume of calls unassigned doesn't get out of control.
- Man phones to provide contact to IT for the business
- Communicate whereabouts to the team to maintain contact
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Mon - Fri
- 9am - 5.30pm
Beneficial & Future Prospects
You will also be fully funded to attend various IT Classroom training including:
- Installing & Configuring Windows 7
- Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows 8
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices - Part 1
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices - Part 2
- Microsoft It Security Fundamentals
- Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper -V and System Centre
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959576117