Our client based in Leicester LE1 is recruiting for an experienced Import Merchandiser to join their team due to business growth.
The ideal candidate will have 1 year + experience in import merchandising or a similar role and be able to efficiently communicate with overseas factories.
- Raising new orders internally and sending to overseas factory
- Checking all details on customer contracts
- Liaising with factory on a daily basis, on email & phone with regards to approvals/rejections
- Updating and analysing internal and customer critical paths
- Sending sample submissions - Lab dips/strike offs to customer
- Coordination between licensing department and QC department with sample approvals
- Liaising with logistics department to ensure goods are delivered on time
- Liaising with design department if any design issues & to request high resolution artwork to send to the factory.
- Checking label artworks, and giving approval to factory
- Identifying production issues and dealing with any problems that arise
- Ability to read test reports & send production pieces to the lab
- Maintain strong customer relationship
- Attend customer meetings
The ideal candidate:
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure & cope with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach
- Previous experience in licensing would be an advantage
£21,000 - £23,000 pa + annual pay reviews
8:30am -5:00 pm - with half hour lunch break
20 days holiday, plus an additional incremental holiday, increases with length of service.
Please call Ruby at Brook Street on 0116 251 61 71
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77724021