Disruptive player in the UK mobility industry
UK’s leading peer-to-peer car lending service. Think Airbnb for cars! Our client has been up and running for over 3 years, and is growing at a rapid pace.
This is an opportunity to work in a start-up environment backed by well known investors, while benefitting from the security of a trusted household brand.
They are recruiting for an SEO specialist with at least 1-2 years proven experience to join their team and responsible for organic performance.
They are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about digital marketing with a capacity to independently stay up-to-date with industry trends, SEO techniques and solutions.
A strong technical bent is a must, as is curiosity, creativity and a desire to innovate. Fluency or native-level proficiency in Italian, Spanish or French is highly desirable.
Candidate profile- This is a role for someone who wants to be involved in an exciting venture capital-backed start-up opportunity.
Required hard skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable experience working on SEO either in-house or at an agency.
- Keyword research experience.
- Strong Excel (or similar) capabilities.
- Experience and ability in reporting and analysis.
- Experience in SEO auditing, and creating actions from audit results.
- Experience and ability in building good quality backlinks for a site.
- Knowledge of some SEM tools.
- Experience and ability in Google Analytics.
- At least passable HTML and CSS knowledge.
- Experience in Wordpress.
Required soft skills and attributes:
- Proven self-starter with a drive to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Project management skills.
- Personable and good team player.
- A flexible, “get it done” attitude.
- Genuine interest in search marketing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the difference between black hat, white hat (and grey hat) SEO.
- Fine attention to detail and quality control.
Desired skills and attributes:
- Some knowledge of at least one coding language.
- Strong creative ability.
- Interest and experience in PPC highly desirable.
- Experience putting together functional specs highly desirable.
They’re fun and ambitious, so being in that environment is the best perk. But they’re all about substance over style, so you won’t find any ping pong tables or car-shaped coffee tables.
However, there are some great role models in the business – famous backers, ex-consultants, start-up veterans and marketing experts who you’ll be dealing with directly. As they’re a small team, you’ll be working with the CEO and the rest of the management team from day one, and there are constant opportunities to take on more responsibility and progress within the company.