Accounts & Audit Senior
Are you looking to progress your career at one of the top accountancy firms in the region?
AJ Chambers are currently working with an award-winning Top 20 firm of Chartered Accountants near Peterborough, who are looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to join their dynamic team.
Recognised by the Top Employers Institute and Investors In People as one of the best firms in the country to work for, our client provides exemplary employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent at all levels and is always striving to improve and optimise its employment practice. This practice is one of the best environments in the country for your development, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
As you can tell, this is an incredible opportunity for a driven and technically strong accountant to step up into a rewarding role which offers a high level of responsibility at a leading firm. The role will be largely accounts focused with some audit responsibilities and the opportunity to engage with a wide variety of clients.
- Producing accounts for clients.
- Leading statutory audits from planning to completion.
- Presenting the Accounts/Audit Manager with a complete set of accounts with minimal queries.
- Drafting accounts packages.
- Clearing review points and putting through adjustments to the accounts.
- To keep time records up to date on a day-to-day basis and complete timesheets.
- Ensuring that jobs are completed on time and within budget.
- Supervising junior staff and assisting in training.
- Drafting client letters.
- Preparing VAT Returns.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA or finalist.
- At least 5 years of experience gained in a practice setting
- Accounts preparation experience gained in practice.
- Experience leading audits from planning stage to completion.
- First class communication skills and ability to liaise and form relationships with clients.
- Accuracy, deadline focused and the ability to work on their own initiative is crucial.
- Experience with accounts software e.g. Iris, Sage, QuickBooks, Xero and CaseWare.
If this role is of interest, please either apply direct or contact Max Evans at AJ Chambers