At Co-op Digital, we use digital technology to create better ways of doing business for our members, customers and communities. We're agile, fast-moving and innovative. And we build services that respond to real user needs. Now we're looking to recruit talented platform engineers to support the growth of our unique business. If you can bring us great technical skills, and you share our passion for openness and collaboration, we can offer you the opportunity to build a career with a business that's using digital to make a difference.
Our platform engineers provide automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure to our entire digital group. They're embedded as experts in agile multi-disciplinary teams, and they're part of a larger central team that can take on bigger pieces of work. Our delivery teams are autonomous and run their own delivery and deployments, all supported by our platform engineers. Our infrastructure is a healthy mix of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, making the most of Infrastructure as Code technologies like Terraform, Packer, Jenkins and git for version control.
What you'll do:
- develop and maintain scalable, resilient cloud-based infrastructure using an Infrastructure as Code approach
- work with delivery teams to create and maintain continuous deployment practices
- contribute to platform architecture and design and drive continuous improvement
- work within and support a DevOps culture
- provide monitor and manage the support service on a 24/7 rotation
To be successful as a platform engineer at Co-op Digital, you'll need a keen appreciation of modern best practices for managing cloud infrastructure (DevOps, configuration management), as well as a desire to work in agile environments and a good understanding of fundamentals (e.g. Linux, web technology stack). We're flexible when it comes to your technical background (we find software engineers often make great platform engineers).
What you'll bring:
- experience working with cloud based infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Compute)
- working experience with configuration management tooling (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and tooling
- a desire to work using agile methodologies in a DevOps culture
- an understanding of the full web technology stack (network, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, HTTP/S)
- the ability to adapt and learn new technologies
- great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with all kinds of people
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger. And when you join the Co-op, you'll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You'll also get a competitive salary, 27 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service), an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and a pension with up to 10% employer contributions.
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
You can find out more about what's going on right now in Co-op Digital and follow us on Twitter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77710266