ETL Senior Systems Administrator
Are you looking for a new challenge supporting critical ETL services across a large university environment?
University College London are looking to appoint an ETL Senior Systems Administrator within the Information Services Division, to help develop ETL services that will support critical data services requirements across the large complex environment.
UCL is London's leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 11,000 staff and 38,000 students from 150 different countries. Founded in 1826 in the heart of London, UCL now operate in a global context and are committed to excellence, innovation and the promotion of global understanding in all our activities: research, teaching, learning, enterprise and community engagement.
You will play a crucial role in leading a small team to develop, install and maintain ETL services across the university. Bringing in-depth ETL and Data Warehousing knowledge, you will advise and support team members in their technical activities and show the ability and enthusiasm to adapt to changing technologies.
You will have a wealth of experience with script and program development, to facilitate automation processes, and will act as an ambassador for ETL across the university, working closely with key stakeholders to increase the understanding of ETL services, and identify where ETL technologies can be leveraged for operational effectiveness.
- Experience working with IBM InfoSphere Information server
- Design, development and operational support of ETL processes
- Exposure to change data capture technologies
- Knowledge of Kimball data warehouse architecture and data modelling
- Experience of leading a small team in a technical environment
- ITIL qualified or experience of working within an ITIL aligned environment
- Exposure to other ETL technologies (Oracle, SSIS) and an understanding of reporting technologies are desirable, though not essential.
- You will be self-motivated and dynamic, and able to engage, challenge and influence others
- A track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across IT and the wider institution
- An ability to explain technical issues to non-specialists, and to write clear technical reports and other formal documentation for solution deployments and evaluations is essential.
As an employer of choice, University College London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary package of £43,023 - £50,753 (inclusive of London weighting allowance)
- 41 days leave (27 days annual leave plus six closure days, plus statutory bank holidays)
- Excellent pension scheme (18% pension contributions)
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority, as they are under-represented within UCL at this level.
Hays IT have been appointed to exclusively support UCL with the recruitment of this role. For more information, please contact Joel Mundy at Hays IT.
Interviews will take place at University College London on Tuesday 12th December
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77710564