Major Donor Manager
Classics for All (CfA) is a small national educational charity founded in 2010 to reverse the decline in the teaching of Classics (Latin, ancient Greek, ancient history, classical civilisation) in state schools. Just one in four state schools provide a Classical education, compared to three quarters in the independent sector.
The benefits of studying the Classics are clear; it helps with English literacy and grammar, cultural insight, learning modern languages and helps students stand out when applying for university or jobs. We provide training, resources and mentoring for schools that want to teach Classics and since we started, we have supported nearly 700 schools and reached 35,000 students - with ambitions to reach 1,000 schools in the next few years.
We raise just under £500,000 per annum, mostly from individual donors and a few trusts, but are confident we have the potential to grow to £750,000 within the next couple of years. This role is crucial to achieve this growth.
- Responsibility for all existing donors that give over £1,000pa, providing excellent stewardship and account management;
- Strategic ability to identify and solicit new donors and supporters;
- Personally cultivate prospective donors, supported by a development group of senior volunteers;
- Achieve an overall income target of £370,000 in 2018.
- A strategic fundraiser, able to understand and engage donors who will be sympathetic to the cause;
- A motivated self-starter that can work on their own to achieve financial targets;
- Ability to network and influence high net worth donors and senior volunteers; and
- Tenacious and creative fundraiser, able to spot and seize opportunities.
This role would suit an individual that is experienced in major donor fundraising and able to work without too much supervision.
It would also suit someone that is looking to work 28 to 35 hours per week with flexible working a possibility. We are a small team, based in Covent Garden in the heart of London.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.