An opportunity exists for a Software Engineer to join the team of James Fisher Marine Services based in Falmouth. James Fisher Marine Services are part of the James Fisher group, with offices across the UK. This position is based in Falmouth with Cornwall's stunning coastline on our doorstep offering a great work-life balance.
JFMS are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team and to accelerate development, bringing a creative and thorough engineering to bear on one of the biggest problems facing society today: generating low-cost, clean energy.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure services are operational within the business
- You will have responsibilities within the IT department
- Supporting the software development and maintenance
- Candidates must be up to speed on; C#, .NET, Entity Framework and WPF for coding the UI and Python
- Understanding of SQL, AWS and MATLAB is desirable but not essential
- General Network experience would be advantageous
?In terms of our software tools, we use Git and JIRA Agile to support our development that is naturally based around Visual Studio and whatever else we may need. You will join a company full of practical engineers, where our business processes are are driven by need. You'll find marine operation experts sitting at the next desk, when they're not off installing or maintaining a cutting-edge tidal energy device, or laying a cable to a wind farm. You'll work with experts from meteorology, and you will learn fast to keep up. ????????????????
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit www.james-fisher.com .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77711770