BMS Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a BMS Software Engineer to work for a Major Automotive Organisation based in Warwickshire
Reference No: J0010549
Job Title: BMS Software Engineer
Experience: Thorough understanding of automotive ECU testing & tools
Rate: From £28.00 to £30.86 per hour Ltd co.
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week
* As part of our PHEV BMS team you will work within a small team to develop and validate the functional requirements for the Battery Management System Key Performance Indicators
* Delivery of DV and PV test results to M1DJ, FDJ and PEC gateways
* Successful de-bug of HW & SW issues during prototype builds
*This role reports to the Group Leader, but day to day tasks will be managed by the Battery BMS SME who oversees a team of 2 other BMS Development & Test Engineers and the BMS HW Engineer.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Writing test specifications for Battery ECU & pack testing based on component requirements
* Developing the test method & tools (e.g. Test bed Software such as Vector CANoe or AVL Lynx)
* Conducting testing alongside the test engineers on the Battery ECU (BMS), Battery Pack and Vehicle
* Supporting issue investigation to find root cause and propose fixes
* Communicating with the other engineers within the company and the Tier 1 supplier to report issues and agree changes.
* Supporting the completion of quality documentation, including boundary diagram, FMEA, quality history reviews, robustness checklist
* Planning and delivering the DV and PV tests needed to validate the component
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
1) CANalyser, CANape or INCA
2) Issue investigation experience
3) Component testing experience
* Thorough understanding of automotive ECU testing & tools (e.g. Test bed software such as Vector CANoe or AVL Lynx)
* Experience of test specification development and delivery
*Automotive ECU testing (e.g. Test bed Software such as Vector CANoe or AVL Lynx)
*Root cause analysis techniques (e.g. Six Sigma, 5 Whys, Fishbone, 8D etc.)
*Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
*Good written and verbal communication skills
*Able to work within a small team of engineers
*Strong relationship building capabilities
*Requirements & test case development and management (e.g. IBM DOORS & RTC or Ford eFDVS)
*Understanding of HV components, Li-ion cells or other battery technology is preferred but not essential
*40 Hours Per week with 3:30pm finish on Fridays
*Recruitment consultant Grant Baker
Our clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Here at Cattrell Hudson we pride ourselves on the service we offer to both clients and candidates. Providing the best possible service is mandatory to us, and this has helped us develop and grow our candidate base over the years. We see all of our candidates as individuals and always do our best to meet their expectations.
CH Technical Referral Scheme.
As part of our candidate attraction strategy we believe it is only right to thank those who point good people in our direction.
Dependent on the level of the role you could receive up to £300 if a successful candidate is placed in one of our live vacancies.
To recommend a friend or colleague simply email us their name, contact details and the type of role(s) and location(s) they would be interested in.
Terms & Conditions:
-If you are a limited company contractor or through an umbrella company, all payments are to be invoiced to Cattrell Hudson Partners Limited and will be paid within 30 days
-If you are a permanent employee, this will be paid as a salary bonus
-Candidates must not already be in contact with CH or on our database
-Payment is due only after a placed contractor has completed 26 weeks of the contract
-Payment is due only after a placed permanent employee passes the probation and rebate period
-Payment is only due on initial placement ? further placements are excluded
-There is no limit to the number of candidates you may refer
In the event of any dispute, CH Technical Recruitment?s decision is final.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959562793