Junior Merchandiser, to help with the added customer demand and to facilitate new product introductions into the supply chain. Must be commercial, analytical and have great attention to detail to work in their extremely fast paced, proactive and reactive, competitive and exciting environment.
The client are an online homewares retailer based in central London. The business are going through a period of sustained growth as they continue to pull away from their competitors in the market and innovate their product portfolio to create an attractive customer proposition. This business will continue to be at the forefront of their industry for the foreseeable future allowing the successful junior merchandiser to grow with the business and continue to bring on more and more responsibility.
The Junior Merchandiser will be responsible for
- Driving sales and profit growth helping to maximise the profile and effectiveness of the online retail brand.
- Controlling and managing the planning & budgeting process for your own product areas.
- Planning and trading product by developing effective merchandise and range plans.
- Devising appropriate sales strategy in line with trading conditions and business objectives, in order to maximise sales whilst protecting margin and profit.
- Working alongside the Product Development team, delivering on strategy ensuring enough product to meet demand.
- Using your strong analytical and decision making skills to identify commercially viable approaches in order to maximise business performance.
The successful candidate will
- Have merchandising experience preferably within a retail environment
- Have superb numerical, analysis and excel skills, ability interpret large quantities of data.
- Be a great communicator, with ability to liaise and influence at all levels
- Have great attention to detail, and pride themselves on high performance
- Be comfortable using manual systems
- Be able to commute to Central London on a daily basis
- Have a great work ethic and fun personality to work in an interesting and vibrant team environment.
The successful Junior Merchandiser will have the opportunity to work with the most exciting online retail business in the industry, grow quickly with the business and have a lot of fun whilst doing so!
The salary is between £27-30k
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77696098