DBA/ Database administrator
One of Scotland's leading organisations have a requirement for a number an excellent DBA/ database administrator based in Glasgow.
- To design, develop, programme, administer, support and maintain enterprise data systems, providing data integration services through the development and implementation of an integrated data architecture using data Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) tools/techniques, in accordance with agreed standards and to assist in providing a strategic coordination of these technologies within the general ICT environment
- Provide technical expertise in respect of the design, build, test, deployment and documentation of new & existing database systems. Where appropriate, undertake a lead role on relevant projects and initiatives, including creation/maintenance of project plans.
- Define, develop, document, implement and maintain ETL mappings and scripts using industry best practice.
- Assist with the development of ETL test plans and test the ETL code following ETL standards and architecture
- Understanding of relational database system management principles, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts and best practices. Extensive knowledge of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) solutions for Business Intelligence. Extensive knowledge of the development and administration of relational database management systems, including a good working knowledge of SQL.
- Extensive experience of 24x7 high availability environments, installing and configuring new databases and troubleshooting, performance monitoring, tuning and script development in a database environment.
- Extensive knowledge of transforming, replicating and cleansing data.
- Extensive experience of the following: working with RDBMS in a heterogeneous environment one or more of: Oracle 10g or Microsoft SQL Server
Salary & Benefits
- Fixed Term contract for 24 months
- Salary up to £38,538
- 32 days holiday per annum
Family Friendly Polices include:
- Adoption Leave
- Career Breaks
- Compassionate Leave
- Dependant Leave
- Fertility Treatment Leave
- Maternity& Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Flexible working
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77690974