A Systems Engineer with VoIP and Networking experience is required in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
Role: Systems Engineer
Salary: Up to £25,000pa
Location: Milton KeynesJOB PURPOSEProvide technical support to a worldwide customer base, answering and resolving issues raised by phone and online via a case management system. Supporting Telecom traffic across our client’s software applications, IT and network infrastructure.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake significant customer responsibility as Lead Engineer on specified customer accounts.
- Manage assigned tasks and cases, ensuring that all tasks/cases are updated with the pertinent information providing an ‘audit trail’ of works completed working to agreed Service Level Agreements. Escalating to management where necessary.
- Manage customer expectations by regularly communicating current situation status, analysing impact, devising workarounds, communicating next step plans.
- Represent the company with a professional demeanour at all times to customers and suppliers.
- Adhere to all published procedures, policies and practices to ensure the timely submission of business and financial reporting.
- Work to help establish new processes, policies and procedures and their adoption within the team.
- Develop, maintain and apply personal knowledge and skills within the product and technology markets identified.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the engineering base as needed.
- Position requires shift working covering an early, day or late shift from Monday to Friday with occasional on-call cover.
- =Educated to Engineering degree level or equivalent.
- Strong IT and engineering skills with at least 5 years’ experience in the Telecoms Sector and proficiency in each of;
- Proficiency in our client’s platform in the Front Office applications, Databases and the Signaling and Switching fabric.
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 1 year.
- Hold Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77697031