Multi Skilled Engineer
The Multi Skilled Engineer will be employed on work that is appropriate to their core and specialist skills. They will, however, be expected to have and acquire elements of other skills which will enable them to work flexibiy across trades.
Suitable training may be given when required to ensure that they will be competent to achieve the skills and ability where required to perform the following (as detailed in responsibilities).
- Provide a reactive and pro-active maintenance service as per project requirements to all operational equipment.
- Provide a multi-skilled maintenance service, which covers electrical and mechanical disciplines.
Carry out modifications and installations when required.
- Liaise with contractors or external suppliers where required and clearly communicate technical issues.
- Ensure that work is carried out to a high standard and in line with current company (and Trust/Hospital where applicable) policies and procedures.
- Provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to optimum performance.
- Provide a service that ensures all key performance indicators are met.
- Maximise availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Take ownership of tools and equipment provided and ensure maintained to an appropriate standard, reporting any defects immediately.
- Provide technical support/input to projects and initiatives.
- Continuously look to improve equipment efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Responsible for ensuring own work and work of those under supervision is completed in a safe and diligent manner to ensure regular feedback on issues arising before, during and following activities that are carried out.
- Maintain equipment supported by sound diagnostic and problem solving skills, raising issues as required to the shift supervisor on a timely basis.
- Maintain, repair, and calibrate electrical, mechanical and instrumentation plant to optimise both reliability and maintainability.
- Complete any required paperwork, produce reports accurately and on a timely basis.
- Complete training and development activities as required in order to remain competent in role.
- Complete other duties as required and directed by the shift Maintenance Supervisor or members of the Management Team.
- Flexibility in work hours to provide cover if required for holidays and sickness absence.
- Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 qualification in relevant engineering maintenance field (or equivalent other qualification recognised by CITB/EITB/JIB).
- Appropriate up to date training to make use of relevant equipment/tools.
- 17th Edition Regs.
- Up to date knowledge of technical regulations applicable to core craft and how this applies to role.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Experience in installing and maintaining mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions (where able to do so).
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to use effectively any ICT equipment provided.
- Ability to complete work as instructed.
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Pro-active and positive approach to work.
- Electrical Inspection & Testing (for electrical-bias roles).
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in Engineering Maintenance (multi-discipline).
- Experience and capability to provide maintenance service in both mechanical and electrical disciplines.
- Knowledge of NHS Estates.
- Positive team player with the ability to work alone using own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with ability to simplify complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to provide a variety of solutions to problems that arise.
- Flexible working approach with confidence and ability to respond quickly to many different situations that can arise.
- Ability to keep calm and work well under varying pressures.
- Willingness and motivation to develop and learn within role.
- Customer-oriented and a good understanding of the requirements of the project and financial implications of actions.
- Ability to work effectively in occasional unpleasant working conditions.
- Ability to complete manual handling tasks as required and/or make effective use of equipment and tools provided.
- 40 hours per week
- Shift Pattern: Continental Shift
- 22 shifts annual leave
- Closing date: 4th December 2017
Additional job board text
Interserve’s vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77715597