Systems Test Analyst
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Test Analyst to join our Software Delivery department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
The Test Analyst will ensure quality and reliability of software developments by the application and use of appropriate testing procedures.
- To gain in-depth understanding of the Society's IT systems and end to end business processes.
- Design, build and execute complex test cases for the Society's in-house software.
- To monitor and accurately report progress of all testing activities within the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Management of defect lifecycle, including raising issues with developers, ensuring fixes are progressed and tested in a timely manner.
- To play a coordinating role in the live implementation of new software releases.
- Contribute effectively to the process of test planning and estimation.
- To ensure testing activities are progressed to agreed timescales, escalating issues to the Testing Manager when necessary.
- To participate in the use and development of departmental procedures. The role involves testing a variety of applications at a technical level over a range of different platforms such as:
Essential Skills and Experience
- Oracle Forms
- VB, .NET
- Oracle Application Express
- Web based applications
- Server/Client frameworks.
The role holder would be expected to have proven experience in a system testing role in a similar environment.
- Experienced in industry-standard testing procedures and principles, ideally possessing ISEB/ISTQB or equivalent qualifications.
- Solid experience of using SQL at an advanced query level.
- Familiarity with test automation practices and test tool usage.
- Ability to organize, manage and prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical approach.
- Good team player, self-motivated, proactive and customer orientated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits and Rewards
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- 26 days annual holiday
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Annual volunteering day
- Exclusive colleague mortgage deals
- Leeds Colleague Association scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle flex scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- Life assurance
- Long service awards
- Pension scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Travel ticket loans - bus and train
We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both challenging and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do - to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We've won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We've also worked hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and have worked with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We're not a bank - we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. .
Click "Please Apply" below.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959577270