Senior Internal Communications Officer - Intranet and New Media
Senior Internal Communications Officer – Annual Roadshow (fixed term contract)
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Senior Internal Communications Officer on a fixed term contract to the end of March 2018 to deliver the Annual Roadshow and Marketplace. The role is part of the Corporate Communications department, based at our Head Office in the heart of Leeds city centre.
About the role
Working with the Internal Communications Manager the Senior Internal Communications Officer – Annual Roadshow will plan, organise and deliver the Society’s Annual Roadshow to 1,400 colleagues at four UK locations in late February and early March 2018. The role will also provide some general internal communications support to other projects and campaigns.
The Annual Roadshow shares the Society’s annual results and sets out the Corporate Priorities for the coming year, and is presented by the Executive Leadership Team. The Marketplace is an opportunity for a number of Society initiatives to connect face to face with every colleague in a fun and engaging way after the formal presentation. The Roadshow is produced, managed and delivered entirely in- house. Some arrangements are in place already. This role will build on those fixed elements to plan and deliver a successful event for all colleagues and the Executive Leadership Team.
- To work closely with the Internal Communications Manager and Head of Corporate Communications, and provide regular progress updates.
- To produce a detailed and costed plan for the event.
- To confirm bookings and arrangements at four venues, including AV support, access and catering.
- To manage and coordinate places for each colleague at 13 sessions at four venues.
- To coordinate requests for choice of gifts or donation. Order and arrange appropriate delivery of gifts to venues.
- To collate the presentation including an on-brand, creative approach to the Powerpoint presentation and any photographic, video and animation content.
- To provide draft presentations to the Executive Leadership team and to action amendments, requests and suggestions, including last minute changes and updates.
- Creation and production of supporting collateral including intranet content, pop up banners, and print collateral and branded gifts.
- To coordinate the Marketplace ‘stall holders’, and work collaboratively with them to deliver a successful post-presentation event.
- To liaise with the IT team for technical support at each venue.
- To oversee the presentation set up (screens, confidence monitor, sound checks etc).
- To oversee the set up and break down at each venue, and coordinate the Roadshow team (IC, IT, Marketplace). Note this incudes and physically unpacking the van, setting up and breaking down, and liaising with the venue.
- To coordinate technical and dress rehearsals.
- To book hotel accommodation as required.
- Liaison with external suppliers.
- Creation, distribution and analysis of post-event survey.
- Posting content and any follow up material on the intranet.
- To be accountable for a budget of c£30,000, deliver the event on budget, and arrange payment of all invoices.
- As capacity allows, this role will also offer IC support to other Society projects and campaigns, as part of the wider IC team.
Skills and Experience
- Event management experience, preferably in internal, colleague-facing events
- Excellent Powerpoint skills
- Video creation and production or commissioning video and animation
- Budget management
- Management of suppliers
- Experience of brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Planning and attention to detail
- Experience of working with executive-level stakeholders
- Hands on approach
About Leeds Building Society
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with more than 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home.
We’ve won a whole host of awards over the years, which reflect how we have focused on our customer service. We have an award winning product range to meet our members’ needs, and work with numerous local communities and chosen charities.
We’re not a bank – we’re a mutual, which means we’re owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests.
- Click “Please Apply” below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77719015