Ground Investigation Engineer - Guildford/Birmingham
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you?re a Ground Investigation Engineer, ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our team as a Consultant and we?ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go. With flexible office locations, we can accommodate this role from both our Guildford and Birmingham offices.
Overview of Role:
As a Consultant, you will be predominantly a site based Ground investigation practitioner, acting as task lead and site agent, technically and practically directing site investigation works, logging trial pits, boreholes and undertaking in-situ testing onsite ? writing up logs and reports when back in the office. You will also be required to assist the local PM with financial reporting.
- Performing required activities associated with ground investigation projects, (project planning, organisation, site supervision, logging and preparation of laboratory testing and analysis) in line with client and national technical specifications, standards and codes of practice
- Being familiar, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations with particular regard to ground investigation work and site operations, particularly in a Rail environment, manage all projects safely and to promote a culture of awareness within the team and our subcontractors
- Preparing and registering all relevant health and safety documentation and SI factual and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance with Arcadis requirements and project specifications
- Maintaining on going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders, and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project
- Provide project management, technical direction; undertake soil and rock logging for all ground investigation projects under your control.
- Contributing to the direction and resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Compiling and reviewing completed engineering logs and other engineering work to ensure accuracy
- Gaining awareness of, and familiarising with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills and managing of individual projects within agreed budgets
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills to gain Chartership in a Geoscience Related Society or equivalent
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your line or senior management
What You have to Offer:
- Degree Qualified in a relevant Geoscience subject, BSc. Is essential, MSc is preferred
- CSCS card
- PTS certification for work on Rail sites
- Demonstrable / in-depth relevant field experience in ground investigation
- Excellent soil and rock logging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level IT skills for the production of logs and insitu testing data
- Some post graduate geotechnical training and experience (preferred)
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Prior associated health and safety training an advantage
- Full & clean UK driving license
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate ?2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: ***************.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Pension matched to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959562678