Electrical Engineering Supervisor
As an Electrical Engineering Supervisor the role will involve overseeing the electrical engineering team based in Nottingham and ensuring maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner within the KPI framework. Project managing on small engineering projects while also contributing and supporting on large capital investment projects.
A global company with over 30 years experience. This growing manufacturer supplies a wide range of products to specialist industries, they are now looking for an Electrical Engineering Supervisor to support them in this crucial period on their upcoming projects.
As an Electrical Engineering Supervisor for a leading FMCG manufacturer you would be responsible for overseeing the engineering team and providing specialist solutions on a day-to-day basis but also during exciting new projects. The role would require someone who can work in pressure situations whilst also showing capable leadership. Other key responsibilities include:
- Perform maintenance activities are carried out in a safe, compliant and timely manner within the established KPI framework.
- Project Management of small engineering projects
- To contribute and provide support as required for large capital investment projects
- Provide routine out-of-hours emergency call-out support as per engineering call-out rota
- Scheduling, assigning and reviewing of MCMs.
- To liaise with and take responsibility for on-site external engineering contractors/consultants to ensure all activities are conducted in line with agreed procedures and assist with planning and coordination of annual shutdown plan, writing and reviewing routine documentation such as SOPs, risk assessments, method statements and change requests
- Ensure documents are kept up to date and reflect the validated status. e.g. SOPs, P&IDs, calibration certificates, maintenance records, equipment history files, etc.
- Ensure training status and folders are kept up to date
- Manage business targets in a timely manner
- Ensure a safe working environment is kept at all times by complying with statutory and company safety requirements and reporting near misses
- To provide ad hoc support to engineering when appropriate
Looking for a candidate who ideally has served a recognised electrical apprenticeship complete with supporting qualifications plus:
- C&G 2382 17th Edition certification and C&G 2394/2395 (or equivalent) in Inspection and Testing
- An HNC/HND or an equivalent electrical engineering qualification is also highly desirable
- Experience within a process-orientated FMCG environment
- Familiarity with standard industrial electrical LV infrastructure
- Experience of control systems would be a distinct advantage (conventional/PLC)
- Knowledge or experience of compliance and change control preferred but not essential
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision
- Team player with good communication skills
- Good attention to detail especially in written work
- Must be flexible to work on a call-out rota
£35,000 - £41,000 Salary
25 Days annual leave + bank holidays
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77719722