Engineer - Integrated Transport Projects
This is a full time vacancy.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Engineer to join our Hertford office, working within the Hertfordshire County Council Integrated Transport Projects Team (ITP). The ITP team is responsible for the investigation and implementation of highway projects that improve the level of operation and safety of the highway network.
An ITP Engineer is responsible for leading and delivering projects within a geographical region of the County. The successful candidate will provide technical and professional support to junior staff; directing how designs are developed and delivered effectively, and will be able to verify the quality of design outputs to ensure that expected outcomes are met. The Engineer will be required to use the company database to manage and report on the status of scheme deliveries and will develop a good understanding of key performance indicators with the assistance of the Senior Engineer, so ensuring all schemes that they are responsible for achieve the required client satisfaction levels.
- Ensuring that designs, drawings, reports and other team outputs are delivered to programme and meet the required quality standards prior to release to senior members of the team and clients.
- Ensuring project risks are foreseen and managed effectively.
- Lead small discipline based teams, projects or tasks. Apply technical understanding and translate that into sound engineering solutions for the delivery of projects, ensuring that the requisite technical and legal standards are met.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships within the Whole Client Service (WCS) through communication with internal and external departments and organisations, ensuring that outstanding service delivery is achieved.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Working as part of a dynamic, collaborative Joint Venture comprising the Client, contactor and consultant project team
- Flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Friendly and efficient team
To apply for this role you will need:
- To exercise independent engineer judgement; have the ability to resolve technical issues with a minimum amount of escalation and provide innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- Be able to demonstrate effective people, team and project management experience.
- Have the ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels within the organisation.
- Although not essential, previous experience working with NEC contracts would be advantageous.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a Highway Engineer looking for their next big challenge, or a highly accomplished Assistant Engineer who is ready for the next stage and can demonstrate high levels of ability relevant to this role.
Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK; we were voted the number one engineering consultancy in the UK and were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on a number of key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable, Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits program via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.