Lead Desktop Support Technician
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Desktop Support Technician to join the team based in Mansfield. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of £21,521 - £30,583 per annum.
Would you like to join their in-house team of 33 ICT professionals, leading the development and support of their desktop computing environment (including laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, multi-function devices, VoIP/unified communications and applications estates), for on-site and remote users? If so, this is a great time to join them.
Lead Desktop Support Technician – Job Role
Their ICT team manage the development and support of a complex estate of statutory and commercial digital services. Working within the Infrastructure team, you will lead their desktop support function whilst providing guidance to, and mentoring, their Desktop Support Technician. Liaising with their Service Management and first-line Customer Service Centre (CSC) support teams, you will be responsible for the delivery of a first-class desktop support service to around 250 Coal Authority staff and at times, additional third-party suppliers, customers and stakeholders.
Lead their desktop support function, providing guidance to and liaising with the ICT Service Management and Customer Service Centre (CSC) teams in order to provide an excellent desktop and application support service to their staff and external customers and stakeholders.
Support their estate of desktop and mobile computing devices and applications (including desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile/smart-phones, multi-function printers) - maintaining their integrity, availability and confidentiality.
Manage their estate of ICT systems, services, hardware and software; pro-actively monitoring, supporting, preventing problems, maintaining, upgrading and fixing systems and services in accordance with business requirements and service level agreements.
Key Skills and Responsibilities as their Lead Desktop Support Technician
They’re looking for a highly experienced desktop support professional, with a proven track record in providing an excellent support service, and a desire for continuous improvement and professional development.
- Significant, proven experience in providing an excellent ICT support service in either an in-sourced or mixed in-sourced/outsourced environment
- Mobile device management experience
- The ability to coach, mentor and support the professional development of your colleagues and articulate technical matters to audiences of all abilities
- Demonstrable technical experience in managing complex upgrade and migration projects (eg: Windows 10, Office 2016)
- An understanding of, and practical experience in, network infrastructure management
- Experience in the management and administration of virtualisation platforms, enterprise backup systems and storage area networks
- Educated to degree level in Information Technology/Computer Science and have a significant, proven track record in IT support
- In possession of a formal, professional qualification (eg: Microsoft, VMware, Cisco)
- Adept in the support and administration of Microsoft applications, and desktop/server operating systems
- Experienced in managing complex migration/upgrade projects (eg: Windows 10, Office)
- Able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines with a high and varied workload, whilst prioritising effectively
- Experienced in the management and administration of backup and storage technologies, infrastructure and systems
- Familiar with the administration of SCCM, MDM solutions, device encryption, content filtering, endpoint management and security
Benefits of becoming their Lead Desktop Support Technician
- Civil Service Pension
- 27.5 days plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave
- Performance Related Pay
-Gym Membership contribution plus more
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Lead Desktop Support Technician then please click ‘apply’ now! They’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77689270