Senior Business Analyst - Investment/Asset Management
Business & Role Summary
The Data Management change team is responsible for delivering the data road map defined and prioritised in conjunction with senior business stakeholders. The team works closely with internal functions within the Development, Architecture, Delivery Management and the Project Management Office to deliver against the data roadmap to service consumers across business functions and projects.
The change team is looking to strengthen the change function by hiring a Senior Business Analyst reporting directly into the Head of Business Change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for actively supporting the Head of Business Change in leading and shaping change initiatives in the data space, ensuring the successful delivery of the strategic data roadmap.
The change team is a relatively new function within the DMO providing a significant opportunity for the successful candidate to play a key role in its continued evolution.
Whilst the role encompasses the leadership of change initiatives, there will be no direct reporting lines into this role, this will be subject to review in the longer term.
- To act in a lead capacity across change initiatives in the DMO change function, ensuring the timely delivery of artefacts, identifying and escalating key issues and decisions to the Head of change.
- To support the Head of Business Change in successfully delivering the data roadmap in line with strategic goals.
- To help ensure the change process and governance standards are adhered to within the change function.
- To support the Head of business Change in shaping the change function within the Data Management Office.
- To assist in communicating progress against the data roadmap to key stakeholders.
- To help ensure analysis and artifacts are maintained to a standard quality.
- To ensure the effective transition of change into teams, within the DMO and externally, applying due consideration to any impacts to existing operating models.
- To proactively apply the data principles and challenge, where necessary, anything that may compromise the integrity, flexibility and quality of data services offered.
- To be proactive in the identification of opportunities to centralise data and onboard consumers to strategic data sources.
- To develop and enrich a standard suite of data services and promote their usage.
- To be involved in the planning and estimation of data initiatives in conjunction with the Head of Business Change and the project management function.
Skills & Experience
- Self-starter, delivery focused, with a positive attitude and 3-5 years of experience in a Lead Business Analyst role.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Investment/Asset Management Industry, financial products, technologies and data domains.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of data projects within a buy side firm.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Degree educated and/or industry relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrate accountability and ability to adapt and improve.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders, managers, and subject matter experts, building positive and productive relationships.
- Demonstrate ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborative approach to working with developers, architects and subject matter experts alike, to establish the approach to projects, and ensure good communication of requirements.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959576645