- West Midlands based
- Automotive Engineering Industry
- Fulltime and Permanent
- Competitive Salary
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Packaging Engineer based in the West Midlands. Our client, a global 1st tier automotive manufacturer, is looking for a Packaging Engineer to support with control of reusable pallets across two manufacturing sites.
Packaging Engineer responsibilities:
* Control and support packaging requirements at all levels (BOP's, Internal and customer).
* Manage the control of lease packaging e.g. Chep and Gefco (Invoice queries)
* Monitor levels, targets to actuals, adjust systems accordingly and to action / progress variances when applicable.
* Implementation of Pallet cleaning process where applicable
* Update and maintain standards in line with packaging operations and ordering.
* Specifically to maintain SAP to enable efficient packaging controls.
* Maintain internal and customer packaging documentation
* KPI, review and effective communication with customers and suppliers relevant to packaging systems / levels adherence on a regular basis.
* Responsible for Aftermarket / Export and Bank stock packaging (Disposable PackagingStock Control and forecast)
* Be a key member of the NPI GPCS process with the responsibility for supporting / co-ordinating all packaging planning and related activities.
* Support the ordering process for customer packaging e.g. Magna Gratz
* 100% availability of packaging to support the production plan
* Packaging optimisation
* Control of damage and repair process
* Active instigation / participation in Continuous Improvement / problem solving activities
Experience/Qualifications required of the Packaging Engineer:
* Educated to GCSE/A level
* Technical Diploma (preferably in packaging engineering or related)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77690303