Digital Business Analyst
Are you an experienced Digital Business Analyst looking to make a career move to an innovative digital solutions agency? If the answer is yes, our client want to hear from you!
Our client started in 1997 and they have built a solid reputation by designing, implementing and managing inspired technology solutions for medium to large organisations. Our client deliver high-performance, cost-effective business applications to an ever-expanding base of retail and commercial clients, on-time and within budget.
Joining the team you will be instrumental to the creation of world class software. The role of the Digital Business Analyst is to own the requirements of scoping, defining and documenting the solutions and software using defined requirements, gathering standards and artefacts including chairing work groups. The Digital Business Analyst will support prioritisation through to UAT across alpha and beta prototypes and products. You will also support digital and technical decisions such as buy versus build, feature comparison and SWOT analysis.
- To work with the Product Manager to translate the project vision into the initial requirements and scope of the project(s) pre-project.
- Capture business requirements and translate into functional and non-functional requirements and defined business rules.
- To own specification documentation lifecycle from draft, including production, stakeholder sign-off point(s), technical ratification and change for requirements governance.
- To recommend the standards and types of artefacts to effectively capture requirements for digital web projects e.g. use case model, use case templates, third party system interactions, activity models, wireframe, UX, sequence models et al..
- To recommend best practice business analysis on demand toolsets for requirements catalogues, requirements check-in, check-out, change control and notifications.
- To understand the principle of use case difficulty estimation.
- To represent stakeholders' requirements during the software development process.
- To chair stakeholder and user requirements gathering, prioritisation and backlog review workshops.
- To use agile development methodologies (including epics) where appropriate to work on multiple digital projects, ranging from large complex to small simple distributed web applications.
- To communicate a shared vision of the requirements with local and remote development teams and other relevant stakeholders.
- To work closely with the insights team and on occasion collaborate to understand our clients' needs and requirements.
- To provide business process modelling, process reengineering and change/simplification including as-is and to-be analysis.
- To use evaluation techniques such as SWOT analysis, product feature comparisons to assess buy vs build technical decisions in collaboration with Product Manager, architects and other stakeholders.
- To define use case scenarios and appropriate business rules to drive down stream test scripting
- To support QA in UAT and testing cycles, with awareness of basic testing methodologies and TDD.
Specific Job Skills
- Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of cost-effectiveness, offer development ideas, maximise profit by increasing repeatability.
- At least 4 years' Digital Business Analysis experience in ecommerce environments
- At least 2 years' experience in capturing omnichannel based requirements
- At least 2 years team leadership experience including staff development, support and performance measurement
- Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
- Able to demonstrate success and experience in specification, business process analysis.
- Experience and knowledge of supply chain (Retail and Pharmaceutical) would also be useful.
- Good people skills and ability to motivate and work to deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task is essential.
- Awareness of Agile methodologies
- Awareness of software development process
- Understanding of enterprise IT and its elements
- Agile certification (scrum master)
- Experience in ecommerce projects
Salary and Remuneration
In return for your hard work as a Digital Business Analyst, you will be entitled to an attractive salary and remuneration package depending upon individual skills and experiences.
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity in our company.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in this role, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest in the Digital Business Analyst position.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77722089